APEX GLUTATHIONE: THE RESEARCH
APEX glutathione: the research
Scroll down to view the references for the specific studies done on the trademarked ingredients in APEX Glutathione and learn more about what makes it such an extraordinary product.
ULTRA HIGH BIOAVAILABILITY GLUTATHIONE
Patent Pending PCT/EP2014/073957
Emothion® S-Acetyl-Glutathione has been scientifically demonstrated to absorb 70% better than “reduced” L-glutathione.
The addition of the acteyl group to the glutathione molecule significantly increases its stability and allows it to be absorbed in the intestines without being broken down.
The subject of 3 studies, Emothion® supports:
- Healthy detoxification by attaching to toxic compounds and removing them from the body
- Liver health by assisting the liver with the removal of chemicals and other toxins
- Immune health by enhancing the balance between the Th1 and Th2 family of cells and cytokines and supporting healthy white blood cell function
- Healthy inflammation response
- Healthy mood and cognitive function
- Post-workout recovery
- Mitochondrial function (cellular energy production)
- Healthy aging through antioxidant protection
Cavallaro et al., Int J Clin Nutr Diet (2018) Oral Administration of S-acetyl-glutathione: Impact on the Levels of Glutathione in Plasma and in Erythrocytes of Healthy Volunteers 4: 134 https://doi.org/10.15344/2456-8171/2018/134
Gnosis by Lesaffre In House Study: ”Efficacy of EMOTHION® (S-Acetyl Glutathione)…in a mouse model.” In Press.
Gnosis by Lesaffre in House study: “EMOTHION® (S-Acetyl Glutathione) and l-glutathione comparative single dose crossover study in healthy volunteers”. In Press.
Bacognize® Standardized Bacopa Extract
bacopa supports neurological health by boosting glutathione production and supporting healthy neurotransmitter generation
Bacognize® is a clinically-researched standardized extract of the Ayurvedic herb Bacopa monnieri.
Although many may be familiar with bacopa’s positive effects on mood and focus, few are aware that it also works with the body’s glutathione system.
Bacognize® has been clinically proven to enhance memory and focus. It is sustainably grown in India and standardized via HPLC to contain serotonin-active bacopa glycosides and other bioactive phytochemicals.
The subject of 6 studies, Bacognize® supports:
- Multi-antioxidant activation through promotion of NRF2
- Enhanced activity of the Glutathione S-Transferase (GST) enzyme, helping glutathione bind to toxins
- Enhanced activity of the Glutathione Peroxidase (GPx) enzyme, assisting glutathione with the neutralization of free radicals
- Optimal memory and cognitive performance by promoting healthy levels of acetylcholine
- Healthy mood by promoting serotonin signaling (via SABGs: Serotonin-Active Bacopa Glycosides)
- Optimal stress response and calm focus by promoting healthy GABA levels
- Healthy neurological inflammation response
Hall B et al. Pharmacology of Bacopa monnieri (Bacognize®) at 5HT1a and 5HT2a receptors.Poster presentation. Am Soc Pharmaco Absts. 2005. 85-83. doi: 10.1007/98-3-7643-8561-3
MD Navneet Kumar. Efficacy of standardized extract of Bacopa monnieri (Bacognize®) on cognitive functions of
medical students: A six week, randomized placebo-controlled trial. Dept of Clinical Pharmacol Thera, Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences.
Thawani & Goswami, Shishir & Saoji, Anand & Kumar, Navneet & Thawani, Vijay & Tiwari, Meenal & Thawani, Manasi. (2011). International Journal of Collaborative Research on Internal Medicine and Public Health. 3.
Headapohl et al. Effects of Bacopa monnieri (Bacognize®) on memory and cognitive function in healthy older adults: A double-blind placebo-controlled study. Unpublished Manuscript
Goswami S, Saoji A, Kumar N, Thawani V, Tiwari M, Thawani M. (2011) International Journal of Collaborative Research on Internal Medicin & Public Helath. 3(4): 285-293
Hingorani L, Patel S, Ebersole B (2012) Sustained cognitive effects and safety of HPLC-standardized Bacopa Monnieri extract: A randomized, placebo controlled clinical trial Planta Med 78 – PH22 DOI: 10.1055/s-0032-1320681
Quatrefolic® Patented 5-MTHF (Bioactive Folate)
the industry-leading bioactive folate
Patent Pending PCT/IB2015/060027
Also known as Vitamin B9, Folate is an extremely important molecule for a number of reasons. It governs DNA replication and expression, neurotransmitter synthesis, red blood cell production, mitochondrial function, and also takes part in glutathione synthesis.
Unfortunately, many products are still using cheap, synthetic folic acid, a totally human-made chemical that works very poorly in a significant portion of the populace due to various common gene mutations such as MTHFR.
Quatrefolic® is the industry standard for bioavailable and natural folate, a far cry from synthetic folic acid in terms of stability and efficacy.
Known sometimes as L-methylfolate or 5-MTHF, this compound is bioidentical in the sense that it is the same molecular structure as the folate that is in your body right now, enabling it to go to work immediately.
The subject of 4 studies, Quatrefolic® supports:
- Enhanced glutathione production by converting homocysteine to cysteine, a critical amino acid that serves as part of the “backbone” of the glutathione molecule
- Positive mood by supporting healthy synthesis of dopamine, serotonin, and epinephrine
- Healthy red blood cell generation
- Healthy DNA replication
- Cellular energy production via reduced mitochondrial gene mutation
- Immune function via healthy T-cell production
- Cardiovascular function via enhanced homocysteine metabolism
Servy, E.J., Jacquesson-Fournols, L., Cohen, M. et al. MTHFR isoform carriers. 5-MTHF (5-methyl tetrahydrofolate) vs folic acid: a key to pregnancy outcome: a case series. J Assist Reprod Genet 35, 1431–1435 (2018). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10815-018-1225-2
Miraglia, N., Agostinetto, M., Bianchi, D., & Valoti, E. (2016). Enhanced oral bioavailability of a novel folate salt: comparison with folic acid and a calcium folate salt in a pharmacokinetic study in rats. Minerva ginecologica, 68(2), 99–105.
Mazza, A., Cicero, A. F., Ramazzina, E., Lenti, S., Schiavon, L., Casiglia, E., & Gussoni, G. (2016). Journal of biological regulators and homeostatic agents, 30(3), 921–927.
Gnosis by Lesaffre In House Study: “CROSSOVER COMPARATIVE BIOAVAILABILITY STUDY OF QUATREFOLIC® COMPARED WITH THE REFERENCE METAFOLIN® IN HEALTHY VOLUNTEERS”
3x absorption Ginkgo phytosome
ginkgo: a classic herb, upgraded for enhanced bioavailability
Ginkgo Biloba leaf has been revered for millennia for its ability to support healthy blood flow, cognitive function, and mood.
Many people know of its ability to support brain health, but few know that part of its essential mechanism of action is that it’s able to upregulate glutathione by supporting the activity of enzymes called Glutathione-S-transferases (GSTs).
Ginkgo also supports healthy mood and focus by promoting the activity of critical neurotransmitters such as serotonin and dopamine.
The special Ginkgo Phytosome used in APEX Glutathione absorbs three times better than a standard ginkgo extract because it’s been blended with phospholipids from sunflower seeds.
The subject of 3 studies, Ginkgo Phytosome supports:
- Healthy glutathione activity in the brain by promoting the activity of Glutathione-S-transferases (GSTs)
- Mood health by supporting dopamine and serotonin
- Healthy inflammation response
- Cardiovascular health by promoting healthy blood flow throughout the body
- Memory and focus by supporting circulation within the brain and promoting the activity of acetylcholine
Muir, A. H., Robb, R., McLaren, M., Daly, F., & Belch, J. J. (2002). Vascular medicine (London, England), 7(4), 265–267.
d’Alessandro, Aldo. (2015). Acta Phlebologica. 16. 83-92.
Mauri, P., Simonetti, P., Gardana, C., Minoggio, M., Morazzoni, P., Bombardelli, E., & Pietta, P. (2001). Liquid chromatography/atmospheric pressure chemical ionization mass spectrometry of terpene lactones in plasma of volunteers dosed with Ginkgo biloba L. extracts. Rapid communications in mass spectrometry : RCM, 15(12), 929–934.